Overview: Franklin County Florida is threatened by a number of different types of natural, technological, and societal or man-made hazards. These hazards endanger the health and safety of the population of the county, jeopardize its economic vitality, and imperil the quality of its environment. Because of the importance of avoiding or minimizing the vulnerability to these hazards, the public and private sector interest of Apalachicola, Carrabelle and Franklin County have joined together to create a task force to undertake a comprehensive planning process that has culminated in the publication of the: “Franklin County Local Mitigation Strategy (LMS)”. This task force, entitled the Franklin County LMS Task Force, will continue to host a current copy of the Franklin County LMS on this web site until its next revision in 2015.
- Franklin County LMS Plan_Cover Page
- Franklin County LMS Plan_Introduction – Section 1
- Franklin County LMS Plan_Planning Process -Section 2
- Franklin County LMS Plan_ Geography-Demographics- Land Use – Section 3
- Franklin County LMS Plan_ Hazard Risk and Vulnerability Assessment-Section 4
- Franklin County LMS Plan _ Mitigation -Section 5
- Franklin County LMS Plan_ Plan Evaluation and Maintenance -Section 6
- Resolution LMS 2016- City of Apalachicola
- Resolution LMS 2016-City of Carrabelle
- LMS Resolution- County 2015-2016
- Franklin County LMS Projects – December 2016
We value your suggestions.
If you have a suggestion that would improve our LMS, please click the link below to email your suggestions to Pamela Brownell, Director @ firstname.lastname@example.org.