Franklin County Emergency Management’s Mission is to minimize loss of life, personal injury, damage to property or the environment caused by natural or man-made disasters that affect the community.
Important Information about the Corona Virus from the Florida Department of Health
Please click here to access the Florida Department of Health Dashboard
For Information Regarding SNAP please go to https://www.myflfamilies.com/covid19/access.shtml
FRANKLIN COUNTY EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT IS ACTIVATED AT THIS TIME. THEREFORE, NO RE-ENTRY TAGS WILL BE ISSUED AT THE EOC. TO REQUEST RE-ENTRY TAGS, PLEASE COMPLETE THE APPLICATION PROCESS BY CLICKING ON THE SERVICES TAB AT THE TOP OF THIS PAGE AND THEN CLICK ON RE-ENTRY TAGS. THANKS
The Re-Entry Tag System has not been activated for use during COVID 19 for Franklin County. Therefore, Re-Entry Tags are not to be used to verify residency for Franklin County.
Due to concerns with the Covid-19 Virus we are asking all residents please refrain from coming to the office for the re-entry tags. Can you please email or mail in our form and provide the correct address to ensure you receive your tag in a timely manner.
- Re-Entry Tags will only be used when a mandatory evacuation of Franklin County has been called.
- You can obtain your Re-Entry Tags by stopping by our office at 28 Airport Road, Apalachicola, FL.
- You will need to have the following documentation to obtain your Re-Entry Tag:
- Driver’s License or Photo ID
- 2 Forms of Proof of Ownership of Property (Tax Bill, Utility Bill, etc.) OR Proof of Rental of Property (Lease or Renters Agreement, Insurance, etc.)
- Re-Entry Tags are used and are in place to protect property owners/renters from vandalism and looting.
Just a Few Reminders:
- We anticipate that there will be few, if any, services (gas, food, water, electricity, etc.) available after a disaster of the magnitude it would require for an evacuation to be called. If you have a safe place to stay, please do so for the first few days after the disaster.
- If you are a secondary homeowner, you do have a safe place to stay. We ask that you remember that what few supplies we have will be used for the primary residents of the county who do not have a second home.
- When returning to Franklin County after an evacuation, be sure to bring supplies with you. (Water, Fuel, Generators, etc.
- ONCE the EOC has been activated – NO RE-ENTRY TAGS WILL BE ISSUED!
- Alert Franklin is an early warning system that Franklin County Emergency Management has implemented.
- This system allows FCEM to send you a warning message to your phone, email or both.
- You can access Alert Franklin by going to our website at franklinemergencymanagement.com and clicking on the Alert Franklin Icon on our Home Page.
- Once you create your account be sure to check your SUBSCRIPTIONS which tell the system what alerts you wish to receive.
- You can also download the Everbridge App on your Smart Phone for easier access.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact our office and we will be happy to assist you.
850-653-8977 or email@example.com
WAYS TO RECEIVE NOTIFICATIONS
If you want to stay informed and receive up-to-date County Notifications sign up for!
Also download the EverBridge App on your smart phone or text the word “FRANKLINFL” to 888777 to anonymously sign up for Emergency Notifications.
19-20 Hurricane Loss Mitigation Program
Franklin County is now accepting applications
Franklin County Emergency Management is accepting applications for the
Hurricane Loss Mitigation Program
for the 2019-2020 grant cycle.
- Must live in Franklin County
- Single Family Home – no mobile homes/trailers
- Must meet income requirements- Moderate to Low Income
- Must be located outside of Carrabelle City Limits*
- Exterior construction only (Roofs/Fascia/Soffit/Shutters/Roof/Gable Strapping