Meteorological Summary: 9/26/2017
- Scattered showers and thunderstorms are expected across South Florida, with the rest of the state remaining mostly dry today.
- River flooding remains extensive across Northeast Florida and Central Florida. It will take several more days to week for waters to recede.
- A high risk for rip currents is forecast for all East Coast beaches due to swells from Hurricane Maria causing wave heights of 3-6’.
- Lake Okeechobee average elevation is 16.21 feet today, which is 1.46 feet above normal for this time of year.
Below we have listed some useful weather links.
- NOAA – Tropical Information
- NOAA – Radar
- NOAA – Satellite Imagery
- NOAA – Marine Weather
- NOAA – Weather Radio All Hazards – NWR Station Listing for FLORIDA, Use this information to program you NOAA Weather Radio
- NOAA – Storm Names
- BAPWeather.com – Current Weather Conditions & Local Weather Situation
- NOAA – Beach Forecast