Franklin County Emergency Management is implementing a new Alert System.. Our old system Nixle will not be utilized after June 1, 2017. We are asking all residents to sign up for our new Alert Franklin System. Click the logo below!
Also download Contact Bridge App on your smart phone or text the word “FRANKLINFL” to 888777 to anonymously sign up for Emergency Notifications.
In the event of a natural or man-made disaster, Franklin County Emergency Management Staff are here to assist you in preparing your family and friends.
Be sure to Find & Like Us on Facebook for even more information about Franklin County Emergency Management.
We would love to hear any suggestions you have on how to improve our services to you. Please let us know your ideas.
Franklin County Emergency Management Fire Precautions
Franklin County Emergency Management would like to remind all citizens about being Firewise. Emergency Management would like to share this Public Service Announcement for all citizens about burning in our community.
Contact: Todd W. Schroeder
In the wake of the recent wildfire on St George Island, there is a Homeowner/Community Wildfire Awareness meeting scheduled for May 8th @ 6pm in the Library at the Franklin County School located off Highway 98. We will be presenting Firewise information highlighting things residents can do to reduce the risk of losing their homes to wildfire, and increase their awareness of wildfire conditions.
Check out the new Weather System that Franklin County Emergency Management and Weather Stem installed in Franklin County to assist residents in being better prepared.
Click the link below
Franklin County is monitoring all activity. As the season progresses Tropical waters are becoming very active. This is the time of year we see more activity. Franklin County Residents need to be aware of the weather and start being prepared. Be sure to stay up to date by clicking here or going to Alerts at the top of this page for Warnings, Watches and Advisories.
- Check your disaster kits
- Check and Review Emergency Plans
- Make sure you have all supplies needed for a disaster/hurricane
- Barrier Islands residents need to have all supplies on hand prior to evacuation being issued
- Shelter in place residents – get your supplies and disaster plans prior to evacuation
- When the bridge closes there will be no traffic on or off the barrier islands.
- Make sure all outside equipment and lawn furniture is stored properly
- Check your shutters and equipment used to secure your home
**** NOW ACCEPTING NEW APPLICATIONS******
RESIDENTIAL CONSTRUCTION MITIGATION PROGRAM
The Franklin County Emergency Management Office will be accepting applications for the Residential Construction Mitigation Program is an ongoing application until funds are no longer available. Applications and criteria are located below. For more information contact Franklin County Emergency Management office at 850-653-8977.
Criteria for Residential Construction Mitigation Program:
- The Homeowner’s residence to be mitigated must be located in Franklin County.
- Moderate to low income.
- Single family site built home
- The applicant’s property which is the subject of the application may not be in mortgage foreclosure or more than 30 days delinquent
Click Here for the application