In the event of a natural or man-made disaster, Franklin County Emergency Management Staff are here to assist you in preparing your family and friends.
Be sure to Find & Like Us on Facebook for even more information about Franklin County Emergency Management.
We would love to hear any suggestions you have on how to improve our services to you. Please let us know your ideas.
Franklin County Emergency Management has made being prepared a little easier.
Check out the new Weather System that Franklin County Emergency Management and Weather Stem installed in Franklin County to assist residents in being better prepared.
Click the link below
Franklin County is monitoring all activity. As the season progresses Tropical waters are becoming very active. This is the time of year we see more activity. Franklin County Residents need to be aware of the weather and start being prepared. Be sure to stay up to date by clicking here or going to Alerts at the top of this page for Warnings, Watches and Advisories.
- Check your disaster kits
- Check and Review Emergency Plans
- Make sure you have all supplies needed for a disaster/hurricane
- Barrier Islands residents need to have all supplies on hand prior to evacuation being issued
- Shelter in place residents – get your supplies and disaster plans prior to evacuation
- When the bridge closes there will be no traffic on or off the barrier islands.
- Make sure all outside equipment and lawn furniture is stored properly
- Check your shutters and equipment used to secure your home
Franklin County Emergency Management will be implementing an early warning system for Franklin County. The system will allow FCEM to send you a warning message to your phone, email or both. If you have enrolled in the Re-Entry program and provided an email address, we have enrolled you into the Nixle Warning System. You can also click on the Nixle Logo above and register yourself. If you have any questions please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 850-653-8977.
Your User Name is : The Email Address You Provided
Password is : The First 6 Letters of Your Last Name. If Your Last Name is Less Than 6 Letters, Then Add Numbers Starting with 1 to Make the 6 Digit Password. ALL LOWER CASE
For Example: If your Last Name Is Smith Your Password Will Be – smith1 If Your Last Name Is Doe Your Password Will Be – doe123
If you have already applied for and received your Re-Entry Tags, we have signed you up for Nixle unless you requested otherwise. If you have not received an email or text message from Nixle, please Text the word YES to 888777 from the cell phone number you provided.
Once you are registered in the Nixle system, you can sign on to your account at www.nixle.com and make changes, add different locations, change your password, etc.
**** NOW ACCEPTING NEW APPLICATIONS******
RESIDENTIAL CONSTRUCTION MITIGATION PROGRAM
The Franklin County Emergency Management Office will be accepting applications for the Residential Construction Mitigation Program is an ongoing application until funds are no longer available. Applications and criteria are located below. For more information contact Franklin County Emergency Management office at 850-653-8977.
Criteria for Residential Construction Mitigation Program:
- The Homeowner’s residence to be mitigated must be located in Franklin County.
- Moderate to low income.
- Single family site built home
- The applicant’s property which is the subject of the application may not be in mortgage foreclosure or more than 30 days delinquent
Click Here for the application