Franklin County has applied for grant funding to assist Franklin County Residents hurricane proof their home.
The program will address the following things in order to mitigate your home against a storm.
- Replace the roof if needed
- Strap the roof and brace the gables in the house
- Replace fascia/soffit on the house
- Replace one door to ensure that it is out-swinging
- Hurricane Shutters for the entire home.
Criteria for applying
- Must be located in Franklin County Florida
- Moderate to Low-Income restrictions
- Single Family Home (no mobile homes)- must be built before 2001
- The property must not be in foreclosure or delinquent more than 30 days
If you live in the City Limits of Apalachicola you must apply through the City of Apalachicola.
Franklin County Residents who wish to apply need to bring the following documentation Franklin County Emergency Management Office to qualify.
Income Documentation (tax forms, W-4 forms, Social Security letter, Pay Stubs- at least 2mths, DO NOT BRING ME A BANK STATEMENT)
Proof of Home Residence
Insurance information if applicable
Social Security Cards
If you have any questions please contact :
Franklin County Emergency Management Coordinator
28 airport Rd
Apalachicola Fl 32320