Franklin County has applied for grant funding to assist Franklin County Residents hurricane proof their home.
The program will address the following things in order to mitigate your home against a storm.
- Replace the roof if needed
- Strap the roof and brace the gables in the house
- Replace fascia/soffit on the house
- Replace one door to ensure that it is out-swinging
- Hurricane Shutters for the entire home.
Criteria for applying
- Must be located in Franklin County Florida
- Moderate to Low-Income restrictions
- Single Family Home (no mobile homes)- must be built before 2001
- The property must not be in foreclosure or delinquent more than 30 days
If you live in the City Limits of Carrabelle you must apply through the City of Carrabelle.
Franklin County Residents who wish to apply need to bring the following documentation Franklin County Emergency Management Office to qualify.
- HURRICANE LOSS MITIGATION PROGRAM APPLICATION
- Income Limits for HLMP Program
- Income Documentation (tax forms, W-4 forms, Social Security letter, Pay Stubs- at least 2mths, DO NOT BRING ME A BANK STATEMENT)
- Proof of Home Residence
- Insurance information if applicable
- Picture ID
- Social Security Cards
If you have any questions please contact :
Franklin County Emergency Management Director
28 Airport Road
Apalachicola, Fl 32320
- The Rebuild Florida Housing Repair & Replacement Program for Hurricane Michael is a partnership of the Florida Department of Economic Opportunity (DEO) and the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) serving 12 panhandle counties for Florida’s long-term housing recovery efforts after the 2018 hurricane season. For more information, visit RebuildFlorida.gov or call 888-530-3025.