Franklin County Emergency Management Alert
Click the National Weather Service Icon Below for Current Weather, Advisories, Watches & Warnings
03/12/2020 3:30 PM – ROAD CLOSURE
Bloody Bluff Road is Closed due to Flooding. Water is now reaching close to HWY 65 on Bloody Bluff Road. If you are in this area and need emergency assistance please call 911.
03/10/2020 4:30 PM – FLOOD WARNING ADVISORY
Recent heavy rainfall and runoff from heavy rainfall North of us is entering Florida Panhandle river systems and will cause them to rise rather significantly over the next couple days and into next week. This office will be monitoring the Apalachicola River very closely over the next week.
- If you live directly on the water’s edge, or if your home or camp site is subject to flooding due to River flooding along the Apalachicola River, be extremely vigilant during the next couple of days as water starts to flow down the river from the North.
- Residents in and near the area Warning area should continue to monitor later forecasts and be alert for possible flood waters.
- Residents living in areas prone to flooding should be prepared to take action should flooding develop.
- Precautionary Measures to protect life and property should be taken. These include securing yard items including boats and vehicles.
- Do Not Drive Cars Through Flooded Ares – ALWAYS REMEMBER TO TURN AROUND……DON’T DROWN.
Make sure to monitor the local news and Franklin County Emergency Management Facebook page for updates.
Franklin County Emergency Management continues to monitor this storm closely. If you have any questions:
- Visit our website at franklinemergencymanagement.com
- Visit National Weather Service Tallahassee at https://www.weather.gov/tae//
- Sign up for Alert Franklin.
- Be sure to LIKE our Facebook page for updates
- Call our Hotline at 850-653-8977